Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Benefits of Massage

Welcome to my blog, I am so excited to share everything I know about massage therapy and help you improve your health and wellness with massage.  My focus today is to do a brief overview of these benefits.  There are so many I will be posting multiple Blogs on this topic in more detail. Stay Tuned!!

Well Known Benefits:

  • Relaxation
  • Decrease Pain
  • Decrease Stress and Tension "knots" in muscles
  • Increase mental clarity by reducing stress and tension

Not as Well Known Benefits:

  • Increased Flexibility of muscles and joints
  • Detoxification of tissues
  • Increased Muscle Tone and  Firms and Tones the Skin
  • Increased Circulation for both the Circulatory and Lymphatic System
  • Increased Immunity
  • Decrease in Stress Hormones  ( Cortisol )
  • Increase in Beneficial Hormones ( Seratonin Endorphines )
  • Increased Athletic Performance and Reduction of Injuries


I will go into detail on how massage affects these areas in later posts.
See you then: )
Tracy McIntyre LMT

No comments:

Post a Comment